Sunday, March 31, 2013

Baked Vegetable Medley

 
This is one of those recipes that doesn't really need to be written out, except that otherwise you might forget to cook it.
  • Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. 
  • Slice your vegetables and layer over 1/2 can of diced tomatoes in a baking pan. 
    •  I sliced 3 potatoes, 2 zucchini, 1 onion, 2 green onions and 2 carrots
  • Drizzle each layer with oil. 
  • On top layer use seasonings: 4 crushed garlic cloves, cumin, parsley, oregano, salt and  pepper.
  • I finished dish with the remaining diced tomatoes but I wish I had added a can of tomato sauce and a tsp of sugar.  The dish needed a bit more flavor.   
  • Add 1/4 c water and keep an eye on dish to add more if needed so it doesn't dry out.  

Sliced potatoes over diced tomatoes.
  
  
Layer vegetables and drizzle oil.
 
 
Lots of layers


Top with diced tomatoes or tomato sauce. 
  
 
Looks great!
 
 
 
Yum!

1 comment:

Vassi said...

When I make this again I will use yellow or sweet onions, eggplant and/or mushrooms. this really can be a satisfying dish.